Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

What a weekend! I can't believe I'm just now getting around to blogging about it...it's already Wednesday. I figured I better go ahead with an update before Jackson gets here. Who knows how often I'll get around to blogging once he is here!
Well, we started last Friday morning off by meeting Jessica & Andrew and Erica & Miller at Jessica's pool again. Have I told y'all how much I love this pool?! :) Why doesn't every neighborhood have a great "baby" pool? Anyways, the three kids played for a few hours and had a great time. And I love catching up with my girlfriends (as much as you can while watching your kids). We only had one little incident while there....Anna's diaper! Ugghhh. I won't go into detail but let's just say I had to put her in the shower in the pool's bathroom. Times like these I'm wondering...."Wow, this is my life. I'm about a week out from my due date, I'm squatting in a shower with my 2 year old and hosing her down because of her awful diaper." And of course plenty of people come in and out of the bathroom. Any offers to help with anything? Of course not. But then again, I don't know if I would offer to help with that either! Oh, and Anna was crying the whole time in the shower too. And I've left out a few details (such as: her leaking from the bathroom door to the shower-which I had to clean up after I cleaned up Anna). So that always adds an element of fun! :) I guess we just have to laugh about some of this stuff....or else we'll cry!!!


Moving on....that night and all day Saturday I went to the Beth Moore, Kay Arthur, & Priscilla Shirer conference. Allison was sweet enough to get tickets for us to go to it. So, I went with Allison, Jessica, Kimberly, & Pam. It was awesome!! We had the best seats in the house...a suite! And it was nice to get away and keep my mind off giving birth!

On to Sunday....Kimberly and Whitney were so sweet and thoughtful enough to coordinate a dinner for me and the ladies in the family to celebrate the upcoming arrival of Jackson. We ate at Aspen's that night. I had all my "Moms" and "sisters" there. It was so wonderful and such a blessing to have all of us together. I have an amazing family.

So, I'm thinking this has been one great weekend and I can just go home and go to bed and get some much needed rest!!! Haha...Anna had other plans. I came home and she was on her "potty" (which she had not ever gone in, just likes to sit on it). She had been trying to go for awhile. Chad said they had read every book that was downstairs. He had been with her for awhile so I took over the duty of sitting there with her. I'm thinking "ok, it's almost 10pm and I'm exhausted and she never goes on the potty...she just likes to sit there....let's just go to bed." And all of a sudden she went! #1 and #2!!! Yeah!!! What a big girl! We were so excited for her. And she was very proud of herself. Now, she hasn't gone since. But that's ok. It will happen.

Ok, I think that is plenty of information. I guess I have missed blogging. I'll have to be better about keeping up so I don't have to write entries this long anymore!! Maybe my next blog will be about welcoming Jackson into the world....

1 comments:

Sara said...

That was really funny about Anna's diaper at the pool. Thanks for being my afternoon entertainment. :) Looking forward to hearing about Jackson's arrival, as I know you are too. I felt better knowing that ya'll couldn't make the wedding either. At least we weren't the only ones missing out. We'll all get together soon!