Saturday, July 12, 2008

Baby-Mama-Drama

This is my (Chad) first cameo appearance on the blog spot that bears my name...and the name that my son will carry on -I'm felling a little pressure! Speaking of pressure, Mandy's feeling a lot of it and the baby will be here soon. The dr just checked her and she's dialated at 7cm and they're thinking the baby will be here in less than an hour. Here's what's happened since the last post: We got to the hospital at 2:45am (there were no available beds for induction prior to that). They started the Cervidil around 4:00am. We slept for about three hours until Mandy started having strong and steady contractions (around 7am). They stopped the Cervidil since Mandy was going into labor on her own...and things started happening very quickly!

All of the family is heading up here and some have already arrived. Everyone, including Mandy and I, was expected the Cervidil to work for about 12 hours and things to get going late this evening. We weren't expecting the Cervidil to cause her to go into labor herself - but we're grateful.

For all of the mother's reading this, excuse my lack of details. This isn't exactly my expertise....I'm just happy to be here. Baby is coming...more details to come.

0 comments: