Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

We had a relatively quiet Independence Day this year. During the day we did things around the house in preparation for Jackson's arrival (it seems to be a never-ending list). We didn't attempt to go the pool this year. Too pregnant and too hot! And I kind of haven't gotten over my last pool experience with Anna (the diaper!) We then went to Chad's parents house for some BBQ early evening. After lots of eating and playing (or maybe aggravating is a better word) with the neighbor's dog we called it a night. We decided to skip live fireworks this year and watch them on TV at home. Anna is not a fan of the loud noises the fireworks make. We'll try next year.

Thankfully I made it through the 4th without going into labor. It was the one day I didn't want to have Jackson. I like having holidays and birthdays on their own days. :) I think Chad was hoping I would go into labor. For the 4th we have a parade go down the main street our neighborhood is located on, so the entrance to the neighborhood is closed for half the morning. He was so hoping to have to stop the parade so we could get out of the neighborhood to get to the hospital. Oh the drama! But thankfully, that didn't happen. Although it would have made a great story!



4 comments:

The Fokens Family said...

Look at your patriotic cutie? Or should I say cuties....Chad is pretty cute too;)
Interrupting the boy scouts on their parade route would have been funny! But...I'm glad it wasn't on the 4th. I was trying to avoid April 1st way back when!!
~Erica

Leslie Harwell said...

Anna is a cutie! No Jackson yet? I hope L and D goes well when he comes! Glad yall had a good 4th!

The Fokens Family said...

SO happy to hear Anna is part of the Cookie Club. I just noticed that I put a ? after cutie..oops..I meant !
I tried to approve your comment you left earlier but it didn't appear on our blog:(
Talk to you soon!
E

Kelley Brown said...

Mandy, I keep checking to see if Jackson has arrived yet! I am sure you have had him by now but are at home recuperating. :)

I love Anna's patriotic dress in these pictures!!! She is adorable. Can't wait to see pictures of your new little one!

And by the way, I don't blame you for not heading back to the pool yet after Anna's diaper incident. I would have been crying in the bathroom and petrified to ever go back! :)